Learn More About Me

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Home Decor

We visited our friends Nick and Erika the other night at their new home. They bought it a few months ago, but this was the first time I was there, and I loved their home. It looks great. They have a big front window too, and they have curtains on it, so I decided I need to get on it and get some. Amber and I have talked before about doing it, she is a fabulous designer, and said it would be a cinch for her to do. I am going to look for fabric on Thursday, but this picture is roughly the idea...minus the buttons, and the blue fabric. I'm looking for something neutral, and probably light since the walls are dark brown. I want the grommets (Amber taught me that word) so they will be easy to open and close.

It didn't bother me, not having coverings on the windows, but Josh went camping about a month or so ago, and I was really freaked out...I'm a baby. I'm actually really excited about it. Seeing Nick and Erika's house made me want to get back into working on ours...I got in a funk. :/.

There is a blog I look at once in a while, and saw this post the other day. I decided I'm going to do this in our bedroom.

This is the before picture of some bedroom. I actually love everything about this room.

By adding stripes on one wall it makes the room look so much bigger.

This is our mismatched bedroom. I know the first thing I should do is get a new comforter, but those aren't cheap, so lay off. I am going to put the stripes on the wall behind the headboard like in the picture above. The bedroom paint is called "Cozy Neutral", but it's a boring tan. When we picked out the color I was hoping it was going to be darker, but this is what I got. Let this be a note to any of you who are going to paint. Do not go cheap when you buy paint. I've used paint from Home Depot and from Wal-Mart, and there is definitely a difference. Wal-Mart has DutchBoy, which is a brand name, but the Behr paint at Home Depot is much better quality. So yes, it is a little (not much) more expensive, but the quality makes painting easier, and makes it look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS