Learn More About Me

Thursday, October 25, 2012

The New Us

My Photo
I had made a deal with myself that I was going to keep this a secret and have a giant huge reveal in February, but the more I thought about it, I couldn't think of why. 

Our family is growing. Josh and I are adopting a baby. Our baby is due February 1st. Our baby.

I didn't give a whole lot of detail about our first adoption experience, but I will tell you that this situation is completely different.

I made a registry today, and the only thing I have on it is books.

I tried to look at cribs last night and got panicky. I haven't tried again.

While things can still go wrong, and this may still not work out, I have the faith to believe that it will. 

I started journaling to our baby. I decided to share my first entry with you all.


Baby T,

I will never be able to express to you how long I have waited to write to you. I should say how long I have wanted to. I am still afraid that something won't work out and I will never meet you or get the chance to be your mom.

I suppose I should introduce myself to you. Hi. I'm your mom. I hope you call me mama. If you like you can call me mommy of course, but I hope you choose mama. I have loved you since the moment I knew of you, much like Jesus loves us before we are formed (Jeremiah 1:5).

Your dad and I (he is the big guy - you're going to love him!) have been waiting for you for years. We love each other so much and we can't wait to share it with you. Your dad and I met when we were slightly bigger than you are now. Okay, maybe a lot bigger than you are now (you should really see the size of him!) but in the grand scheme of things we really weren't that much older. To you, I'm sure it will feel like forever, but we have been together for ten years. That's a crazy long time isn't it?

A few more things you should know about me: I love to read, so be ready for lots of books! Your grandmas are crazy. They are going to lose their minds when you are born. They really are wonderful women and they love you as much as we do. Your grandpa is a quiet guy, but trust me, he is the best we could ever want. You are going to have so much fun with him. 

Another thing about me: I love to sing, and I am not good. I love old songs. You'll hear. I'm a pretty good cook, which you won't enjoy for the first few months, but you will.

One last thing. When you're born and we first meet, you will see me crying. A lot. I already cry tears of joy for you, Baby T. You have no idea how happy you make me.

I can't wait to meet you.

I love you,
Mama

I will now take your questions. One at a time, please.

Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Angela! So so happy for you. Congrats!!!! This is so exciting. I don't have any questions right now but this is just incredible news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any comments, but I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant questions. :) YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew what you meant. I appreciate your excitement :)

      Delete
  4. I am tearing up after reading your letter. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yay!!! What wonderful news. And yep, tears rolling down my face too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you and I can't wait to hear all about baby T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina! I'm sure you'll hear allll about the baby on here :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!! I am so excited for you two!! You guys will make great parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh. my. GOSH!! How exciting!! Let me first say, you're recent posts have all made me tear up or cry. So touching and moving. And seriously, YOUR baby is one lucky baby to be blessed with not just one but two (and too) cool parents. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison!! We are so excited too. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  9. I am so thrilled for you!! What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS! I wish I had letters like this for me... kids these days are going to be so lucky with all the maternity pictures and newborn portraits and thoughtful things like this that us cool hip people think up with the help of things like the internet and PINTEREST. So so love this and am so thrilled for you, but you know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to follow the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Angi!! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations. :) I'm sitting here reading this crying all the tears. I will keep this journey in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I so excited for you!! I started tearing up reading your first journal entry!!!!!! I can't wait to hear more and am SO glad you aren't keeping it a secret until Feb!!!

    When will you know if it is a boy or a girl?? Are you going to find out? Are you going to tell us??? We must discuss this further!!!!! I need to know so much more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki. We won't know until the baby is born! :)

      Delete
  14. Oh my gosh! I just saw this. Congrats. And what a beautiful letter. You're going to be a wonderful mama.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS